Ways to Entertain Your Kids

Posted by Louis | Sunday, October 26, 2008 | , | 6 comments »

  • Give them cardboard boxes and they can have fun for hours.
  • Take an old pair of white socks, draw eyes, nose, mouth and put on a show.
  • Bring them to the pool.
  • Create a slide show with their photos and show it to them.
  • Play house with them.
  • Read story books to them.
  • Eat ice cream with them.
  • Bake cookies with them.
  • Take them out to learn and appreciate nature.
  • Each day, set a bonding time with them, even just being together - cuddling, hugging, laughing.
  • Do arts and crafts with them
  • Tell them action stories.
My baby girl loves attention and like to be played with. I'm always seem to be busy with work, TV programs and computer.

However, I begin to realise that I better spend more time with her as she is only small for so long.

So, do you have any more ideas to add to the list?

Add Your Comment | 6 comments » Share on Facebook Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments

  1. Anonymous // Sunday, October 26, 2008  

    Children of such young age luv to use their 5 senses...
    therefore creative works or simple things that attract their sight & sounds naturally capture their attention...
    take time off to play simple fingerplays or games will kill her boredom... haha
    otherwise, doughplay is oso another option
    From: Shuyi

  2. Louis // Sunday, October 26, 2008  

    I agree, but I need more and different creative suggestions from the others to spice up babies' world. =)

  3. Anonymous // Wednesday, October 29, 2008  

    I have no kids yet, but I am so excited and can't wait to have one someday. Here's my addition to the list that I intend to do with my future super kids:

    5. Play house with them (I swear its so much fun!) I always play as the baby and my 3 yrs old niece as the Mommy, kids can be creative in parenting! LOL
    6. Read story books to them
    7. Eat ice cream with them
    8. Bake cookies with them
    9. Take them out to appreciate nature
    10. Each day, set a bonding time with them, even just being together - cuddling, hugging, laughing

  4. Louis // Wednesday, October 29, 2008  

    Hello gigi, I've added your ideas to the list. thank you very much and hope your dreams will come true soon. :)

  5. Twilight Man // Saturday, November 08, 2008  

    I am a very late planner but I would definitely have my kids soon. I'm saving your tips in my note book ahead. That means I've started planning now. I used to voluntarily teach Art & Crafts to a big bunch of wealthy kids. I surrendered as they were spoilt brats. The kids enjoyed my art crafts and action story telling that followed up. They love outdoor walks to learn about nature as their parents have no time.

  6. Louis // Saturday, November 08, 2008  

    Thanks for your ideas, I've add them to the list.

Post a Comment